Well hello, hello….it’s been a while ~ mostly because I really haven’t had much to say, you’ve heard it all before anyway. Thank you all for your special heartfelt comments on my last post, you are all sweethearts and I am glad that I have all of you!

Okay so let me tell you about my appt yesterday, I am feeling better, it doesn’t take it away but I feel like I finally have closure and a new plan. Dr V is such a sweetie, I almost cried but didn’t, you’ll be proud of me 🙂

Okay, so they don’t know why it didn’t work, after all “this isn’t an exact science”…my embryo’s are “excellent” quality and I have good potential to make a baby he says, next time we wont do ICSI so we should have a better fertilisation rate and hopefully more embies.

It could be an implantation problem seeing as they grow well and everything runs smoothly until they are put back in me, we’ll do the auto-immune testing just before the next IVF and from there they will be able to tell if I have clotting problems stopping the embies from implanting, if I do then they’ll put me on low molecular weight heparin.

We’ll also do a 5 day transfer, take the best half on day three and grow them to day 5 and freeze the rest, which Dr V is sure will give us a better chance seeing as they will be at blastocyst stage!!!

They will also change my protocol, no Lucrin (yay, yay and yay again…v evil stuff that!) BCP for one month, scan on CD2 to check that all is clear on the ovary front. Start Gonal F 225iu’s a day (not Menopur this time which is rather different because I responded to Menopur well and Menopur contains LH whereas Gonal F is pure FSH) until day 5 then carry on with Gonal F and add another injection called probably Cetrotide. Gonal F for 9 days and then trigger on CD 10.

Also asked about DHEA, he says that lots of women use it but it has nasty side effects, oily skin, acne and hair growth since it is a male hormone. He doesn’t recommend it and says that there is no evidence to prove that it works…so I think that I should stay away from that for now, he also says that I have no probelm getting eggs so I don’t need it, maybe he is right, I would hate for him to say “I told you so” if I go ahead and do it…

He also says that it’s not time to remove my endo yet as it wasn’t that bad and seeing that they excise it, it grows back a lot slower.

He says that next time will be better, they have learnt alot about me from the last IVF so I hope that this next one results in a healthy pregnancy!

Now we just need to decide when to do the next one, I think I need to get through Christmas first and then think about it again, maybe start BCP in Feb or so….

So it’s onward and upward now….I need to remember that:
Advertisements